1,000 low-cost houses built in Telipok
THE Sabah Housing and Town Development Authority had built 1,000 low-cost houses in Telipok. Assistant Local Government and Housing Minister Edward Yong Oui Fah said the housing scheme is meant for locals with a monthly income of between RM500 and RM 1,800. He said that priority is given to those without house, living in squatter areas and victims of natural disasters such as flood. “About 70 per cent of the completed units are given to Bumiputera and the remaining 30 per cent to non-Bumiputeras,” said Yong when replying to Datuk Louis Rampas BN-Kiulu). He said the Federal Government. through the National Housing Department, had also completed two projects under the rental scheme. They comprise 2,400 units at Taman Telipok Jaya Ria phase two and 2,174 units at Taman Sri Rugarding.